Sunday, May 13, 2012

What do the simple minded folk do? (Well, if you really want to know...)

 

A couple months ago on Facebook, my friend Rebecca (okay, she’s more like a second cousin) wrote “You are never too cool or too successful to answer a 3 year old’s toy phone”.

People put a lot of so-called wisdom on Facebook, most of which is lame crap, but I liked Rebecca’s quote; for some reason it stuck with me.  So recently, when my sister Shawn told me how much my 7 year old niece Sophia still enjoyed watching a corny video I made 4 years ago about quitting smoking (because of some goofy mugging I did for the camera), I was really surprised--and very flattered.  And I decided that when it comes to Sophie, maybe my simple minded video-making days weren’t so far behind me after all.

This time ‘round I tried doing something a little more “7 year old girl who enjoys dressing up as a princess” oriented, so please keep that in mind if you decide to watch the video below.  (And for the record, I wasn’t planning on sharing this with anyone besides my sister and my niece, but Shawn made such a nice fuss about it… heh heh!  Smile

(One more thing--because I borrowed some copyrighted music for my five minute masterpiece, YouTube may not allow the video to be played on my teepee and provide a link instead.  They’re fussy that way; but so far it seems to be working okay.)

Okay, enough with the jibber-jabber; on with the show!

8 comments:

  1. When I first watched this my initial thought was, "Doug's a sly devil...he's been keeping a secret from us!" For a split second I really thought you were singing...then I quickly realized it was lip synching to the song. Silly me! But I can see why your niece was tickled by the video...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha--thanks very much, Pam! To be honest, I was starting to wonder if putting this online was a good idea, so your comments here were very much appreciated! (I should've made a "Making Of" video just to show how many times I sang this in front of a mirror to get it right, lol) Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, bravo Doug! That was too sweet. You're such an amazing uncle! And your niece makes such a pretty princess. Awesome stuff.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelly, thanks so much for your kind words here! I'll be honest, even though I was a little embarrassed to put this online, I was hoping you'd see it. Thank you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks Doug! It was adorable. I'm so happy to have seen this—I've been so behind on commenting and blogging lately. The lip synching and editing were spot on. Your niece must have been over the moon. There's nothing better than when a child knows she's so well loved. Hope we get to see more fun Doug vids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelly, you are truly one of the nicest people I know, thanks again! (And you just may see another vid very soon) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana said: Ahh, Doug, that is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Your niece must feel very special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha--thanks Diana! Darn it, I know I'm a goof but it's nice to be appreciated for it. :) Thanks again for your kind words here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.