Sunday, December 30, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new—I hope things change, but stay the same too

 

I have to admit, these final days of 2012 haven’t exactly been the best ones I’ve had this year.  While I got to spend a few quality hours back home with family on Christmas, work has pretty much consumed my time since then.  Besides the year-end insanity of old contracts ending & new contracts starting, we’re also going live with a new line of business on Jan 1.

(I probably shouldn’t be talking about it here, suffice it to say I kinda lost my head at work on Friday & yelled a certain deity’s name at someone in the office.  Oh boy did he have it coming & oh boy I can’t believe he ran to someone else about it, given what I get from him.  I sure hope he doesn’t need help with something anytime soon!)  

Anyway, I’m counting on 2013 being a good year.  I just know this is the year I finally drop these pesky 20+ pounds, build those bookcases that I’ve been tripping over since I stacked ‘em in my bedroom in 2011, and make peace with my noisy gay neighbor (but I’m not ruling out murder just yet).  Someone at work made the comment that ‘13’ does not bode well for us, and while I can’t speak for everyone, I’ve always found the years that ended in ‘3’ to be good ones.  I’m sure my sister Shawn would agree (she was born in ‘63) and I can still remember getting that awesome chemistry set for Christmas in ‘73, making that final student loan payment in 1993, getting my drivers license & car in time for 2003… see what I mean?

Well, I hope everyone here is anticipating a good year ahead too—and if not a great one, at least one like my favorite Lennon Sister Peggy sings below:  “May no trouble travel your way.”  :)  Take care everybody, talk to you again soon.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Doug, I have the feeling that you'll get conkers-deep in 2013.
    You'll lamp seven bells of shite out of that office muppet and become Cube King on your floor.
    You'll lose 50 lbs, become insanely ripped, and will need to carry a stick with which to fight gagging lasses off.
    Putting up those shelves will finally make you realise your gift lies not with leatherarsing for The Man but instead with interior design, and your first commission will be for the poofta next door - word will spread like wildfire throughout the LGBT community and you will become rich and famous as The Teepee Touch...

    Happy 2013, Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!!! Geezus, this is the best feedback ever!!

    Andrew, I think you missed your calling--I should hire you to be a ghostwriter for the teepee. your stuff is far more entertaining :)

    Thanks very much my friend, I hope you have a super New Year & that all your predictions come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lamp 7 bells of Shite out of the office muppet... Oh, that's going to make me happy for a long time! Happy happy New Year to you Doug and your slightly angry, always literate friend, Andrew. Looking forward to many more blog posts to read this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawn, I'm glad you get him--the first couple years I knew Andrew, I sat here scratching my head at some of the stuff he came up with! :)

    Anyway, thanks for the kind words & I hope I can come up with something interesting to share in the year ahead--Happy New Year to you, Jim and Sophia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Doug! Keep us posted on the workplace drama. Cool that you stood your ground! :) Sometimes you just gotta do it! Looking forward to more of your wonderful posts in the upcoming year. Always a treat.

    All the best for 2013 my friend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yVW3vn7yI&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Chelly! I know I share too much nonsense here sometimes, but I still appreciate your encouraging words here--thank you & I sure hope 2013 brings you all the good things your deserve :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.