Monday, May 6, 2013

Singing her praises: Sophia, I’m sure they were watching


I don’t really have much to say here, other than wanting to share this email from my sister Shawn and these few pictures of my 8 year old niece, Sophia.  Yesterday (being such a perfect day) my sister & her daughter decided to visit our family’s cemetery & have a picnic there. 

I’m not sure if that sounds morbid, but that hilltop has always represented family, and home. 

I can’t imagine a nicer place to spend a Sunday afternoon, and I only wish I had been there to enjoy the show that my loving niece put on for Mom & Dad.


From: Shawn

Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 11:28 AM

To: Doug

Yesterday in Sunday school, Soph wrote a question down for the pastor and gave it to him (unbeknownst to me as I don't go to SS).  He told me after church about it. She wrote "Can people walk and talk in heaven?" I said to him that yes, she's been asking me that for a couple of years and I didn't know what to tell her.  He said that he told her “absolutely” and that we have a physical body and a spiritual body. That the Bible describes the spiritual body as a form of our physical, but that in Heaven instead of talking, the spirits sing all the time.  She was very happy to have her answer and was literally dancing at the cemetery so that nana and pappy could see her.

Sophia, performing for Mom & Dad

Mom & Dad’s headstones

the chief at morris cemetery

And finally, “The Chief” stands guard for eternity.  Thanks for the pics, Shawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.