Tuesday, August 11, 2020

You’ve come a long way, baby… I’m just glad you finally made it!

Earlier this evening, I was taking a little snooze on my couch (an unintended one, as my TV was blaring away) when something awoke me.  It was either the setting sun streaming thru my living room window (opposite my couch) or Ari Melber from The Beat with Ari Melber on MSNBC, announcing over & over, that Joe Biden had selected Kamala Harris to be his running mate, and potentially our first woman (and woman of color) vice president. 

WOW.  

We knew a woman was coming (and most of us assumed or were hoping it was a woman of color).  But as much as I wanted it to be Senator Harris, I worried Joe would see her as “too much a force to be reckoned with”.  My God, what an awesome surprise.

I realize this is a day of celebration for women, for women of color—but it’s one for the rest of us too, including middle-aged men like me who can admire her accomplishments, courage & style of leadership.  This woman’s the real deal, NOT some warped reality show—gosh I’m excited!

Oh Joe, I wish you had told us a day sooner—I mailed my application for a mail-in ballot yesterday, but I would’ve done it with a real spring in my step if I’d known what was coming.  I just may vote in person anyway, seeing as how the Trump campaign is suing the state of Pennsylvania over the convenience & number of our ballot drop-off boxes.  I’m not taking any chances with my vote! 


12 comments:

  1. Me too Doug. I like her intelligence and moxie. Pretty sure she can handle any thing Trump tries to send her way. Know what you mean about the mail in ballots and might just go in person also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am glad to hear that Patti, and yes--moxie was just the word I was trying to think of last night! I sure am glad you & I are on the same page :)

      Delete
  2. Well, if you vote in person, you must bring in your absentee ballot to prove you are not voting twice. That happened to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, brother!!! I really admire Senator Harris and know she would make a first rate Vice President. (and a capable and fair President should the need arise) Your country is not mine but like folk around the world, my fingers are crossed for an end to the corrupt and corrupting clown now in the White House! Kamala is certainly a wise and compassionate candidate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Florence, and very well said! We know Canada (and other democracies) are as fed up as we are, your words are appreciated--and needed!

      Delete
  4. Dear ApacheDug and Friends, i just applied for a mail-in, would prefer to just go to the polls, but with this so-called covid... Never thought i'd take voting seriously, but evidently, things are getting twisted.

    Yep, am so definitely voting for Trump, and his vice-president is a man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Sue, as the Trump Administration has removed First Class status from political mail including mail-in votes, I hope ours (if we go that route) aren't lost in the mail.

      Delete
  5. I like her too, and was impressed by her debate performances, not because she's a woman or black or Asian, but because she seems smart, forceful, rational. I don't know much about her, but hope she has the makings of a good leader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom, and so well said--I feel just the way you do, couldn't agree more!

      Delete
  6. Hi Doug! No, I'm not back to blogging, but I just wanted to see how you were. I'm with you on this. I think Kamala's strength and intellect will be fabulous for Joe Biden and the country. I think she'll be able to handle the dirt that Trump is sure to throw her way. Take care, now. I can't believe I'm still plugging away at my project. I so want to be done with it so I can visit you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Kay, loved what you wrote here! Well, your blogging family misses you too, but we know what a big family project that is. Please give my best to Art (I miss hearing about his days too, haha) and I look forward to talking with you real zoon. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.