Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Well, it’s been six months since I made parole... no wait, make that seven

Mc400 is the new black

First things first—if this is the first time you’re visiting my blog, I bet I know what you’re wondering;  This guy must be a really big fan of ‘Orange is the New Black’.  Haha, yes!  I just finished Season 3 and I’m ready to add it to “ApacheDug’s Top Ten TV Shows of All Time”, it’s THAT good. 

Okay, I’m not REALLY on parole (but for some reason, it does feel like it).  It’s just that my 20 year sentence of hard labor at UPMC was cut short six months ago and I was reminded of that fact today during the final OITNB episode.  An inmates ID number gets switched accidentally in the computer system with another who is set for release.  When they hand the wrong inmate a pile of civilian clothes and a bus ticket, does she say “Oh wait, this isn’t my prison id number”?  

Hell no!  She says “Thanks it’s been real” and vamooses!

Hours later, after the prison admins have realized their blunder and go to the bus depot where she was dropped off to begin their search, they find her still sitting there.  The warden asks her why she didn’t get on a bus.  She says “I had no place to go.”   He says “Then why’d you leave??”

She gives him a “duh” look and reminds him she really had no choice.

That’s pretty much how I felt last December, when I was shown two doors & one of them said DO EVEN MORE and the other said EXIT.  Did I have an exit plan in place?  Yes, but not for this date.  Was I emotionally & financially ready to go?  Not really. 

But what choice did I have?  I vamoosed.

Anyway, I suppose that scene at the bus depot just struck a nerve or something.  I’m not looking to go back to prison work anytime soon, but I suppose I am wondering what I’m going to do with the rest of this so-called life.  

Wondering… not worrying!  There’s a huge difference.   Smile

lazyindian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.