Wednesday, October 28, 2020

ApacheDug digs some strange chicks: Halloween Edition

This is my friend Danielle.  This is her camping with her in-laws (yes, she’s happily married) last October.  It would appear she’s wearing a hockey mask and brandishing a blade of some sort… it looks like a machete.

Why do I like her so much?  Well for starters, this.  She’s also a heathen like myself, but shows more kindness to people & critters than most so-called Christians.  She’s a hot-headed Democrat too, you should hear our phone calls about Trump and those GOPea-brains--whew!

Anyway, I wanted to blog something creepy for Halloween and seeing how that day is also my birthday, make it my own kind of weird.  Danielle’s photo has things off to a good start.

So here we go with a few disturbing videos I’ve come across recently….  I’m sure they’ll leave you scratching your head:  Doug, I don’t see anything so strange here…

Just remember who you’re dealing with  Winking smile

1.  If I should die before I wake, I pray my soul Youtube won’t take…

I can’t go to sleep at night unless I have my earbuds in and an ASMR video from Youtube playing on my tablet.  (ASMR videos are designed to put you to sleep.) 

Lately a Korean woman feeding snackos to her French bulldog zonks me right out; but sometimes I awaken to another ASMR video, like a young man slowly peeling strips of tape off a microphone.  Autoplay will always surprise you.

Then the other night after I fell asleep, Youtube switched over to this ASMR, causing me to awaken with a jolt.  Why, youtube, why??  Imagine the first couple minutes of this at 3am!


2.  Happy Talk!  Gooey, squishy Happy Talk…

Don’t get me wrong, I love Emma’s Goodies—she nukes mugs full of brownie batter in her microwave and cooks birthday cakes in a skillet on the stovetop like nobody’s business.  But the first time I heard her off camera, it sounded like she couldn’t stop grinning madly while she spoke.  I kept picturing that clown from “It”, if he was a she.  Am I demented?  Maybe, but you’ve got to hear for yourself.

(But I’ve gotta say, her mug pancake here is the best!) Smile


3.  Yes I know they’re the Lennon Sisters but they’re coming to get you

I’ve been in love with this fresh-faced quartet since I first saw ‘em on my grandma’s television in the 1960s.  They’re as wholesome & sweet as cold milk & apple pie.

Then there’s THIS song, and if you listen to the lyrics: Can’t bear to think you’re kissing her, it tortures me the whole night thru; but I won’t take that torture anymore, I’m coming back to you!

Now instead of watching Kathy, Diane, Peggy & Janet singing from the bus stop with those cute hat boxes in their laps, listen to it while looking at Glenn Close here from Fatal Attraction.  Creepy, huh?  Whaddya mean, you’re worried about me?

                     


4.  What do The Exorcist, The Omen & The Lawrence Welk Show have in common?  There was an evil kid in all of them.

Speaking of The Lawrence Welk Show, in 1975 Mr. Welk introduced a new Polish singing group, the Semonski Sisters.  My sister would tease me and say I was in love with ‘em.  Well I was 14 at the time, so yeah--they looked pretty good to me!

EXCEPT ONE.  The one with the sly, evil grin who was their leader; the one with madness in her eyes.  Yes, I’m talking about the youngest Semonski. 

I used to call her the Devil’s Daughter Don't tell anyone smile

I liked her sisters though, so I’d focus on them.  And then one awful night, they sang Hot Diggity.  Boom, I was done with them forever.

45 years later, still horrific (I’m kidding)


5.  Some eye of newt—and hair (and I’m talkin’ BIG hair)

Okay, for Halloween’s sake I’m including Jan Terri here.  She’s harmless— it’s her 3 giant-haired backup whatevers you need to watch out for!  Ah the 90’s…


Happy Halloween Everyone

22 comments:

  1. Oh my word. That little girl saying "Boom" in the 4th clip scares the bejesus out of me. I think I will still cook my pancakes in a frying pan even if her voice sounded okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha--thanks Ed! (And btw, I like my pancakes better in the frying pan too) :)

      Delete
  2. That little girl's face--ack! I think the pancake in the cup looks too squishy. I generally don't like things of that texture. I enjoyed watching the videos, so thanks for sharing. Any plans for your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret, I just felt like being a little mental :) As for my birthday, I think I'm going to spend it alone with some good food and MSNBC--I want updates on these polls every hour!

      Delete
  3. Your birthday is coming up? Happy birthday, Doug. As for the Lennon Sisters, they were my favorite singers on the Lawrence Welk Show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gigi! And yes, the Lennon Sisters were mine too, particularly Peggy ;)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Doug. You must have the coolest birthday parties ever--well maybe not this year.
    I might try the pancakes--I do like the cakes cooked in a cup. Just the right amount. I Googled your youngest Semonski sister but couldn't find anything. I was curious if she carried that look into adulthood. Found nothing recent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha--Patti I am laughing about your Semonski search--I did too! All I could find was a little on the oldest sister. I know they were all good girls, I just had a strange brain in my youth :) As for birthday parties... never had one, but my mom always made sure I had a big haunted house cake, spider cake, etc :)

      Delete
  5. I'm still laughing as I visualize an imaginative young Doug's horror while watching the youngest Semonski. Now that you mention it, her aim for cuteness did sort of miss the mark. Gosh, your birthday is on Halloween? Weren't you in danger of sugar overdose with birthday cake AND tricky treats? Must have been some fun parties though! Happy pumpkin birthday, Doug!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Florence, you can make me laugh even more :) I admit it, I'm mental--I'm sure that little girl grew up a lot more normal than me! As for the sugar overload on Halloween, omigod yep big time! It's a great day for a birthday!!

      Delete
  6. You must have had some really fun Halloween/Birthday parties. I'm going to wish you Happy Birthday now before I forget.
    Oh gosh! I saw Fatal Attraction. I used to love the Lennon Sisters. But (too funny), I'm now going to think of crazy Glenn Close if I ever listen to them again. I can't remember the Semonski sisters, but seeing that littlest one made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks very much Kay! Oh I hope you don't think of Glenn Close the next time you see the Lennon Sisters, it was just that one song :) As for those Semonski Sisters, I didnt remember them UNTIL I saw the youtube video and it all came rushing back--they were on Welk from 1975-1979 :) My family watched that show for many years! Anyway, thanks for the birthday wishes Kay!

      Delete
    2. Dear ApacheDug, "so-called Christians" (and people in general) can be annoying, but everyone knows the old story...if there's fakers, there's a few for-real ones about.

      Delete
    3. Sue, I do know some very nice ones (Christians). :)

      Delete
  7. Well, I watched all of these, and now I think I'm going to have some trouble sleeping tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Tom, you're a kind man--and a funny one :)

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday, Doug! Well somebody's got to be born on Halloween. Did you get teased about it in school? Spooky videos are not what I need to be watching before bed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DJan! Well, if I had to be born on a holiday I'd much rather it be Halloween than something like Christmas (though I never considered Halloween a real holiday anyway). As for spooky videos, I'm discovering the older I get, the less I like 'em--which explains the goofy ones I shared here :)

      Delete
  9. Yikes! That youngest sister with those spooky "boom!" eyes. The clip wouldn't be so bad if the camera didn't close in on her each time she did that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.