Saturday, October 5, 2019

My niece Sophia & her date Jud: For everything there is a first time

I wanted to wait & share these pics next weekend (so I could also wish my lovely niece Sophia here a Happy 15th birthday), but it’s already been a week so…

Last Saturday was Sophia’s first high school formal, and here she is with her date Jud.  From what I hear, he sounds like a pretty fine young man.  My sister Shawn (Soph’s mom) told me that she was already discussing wedding plans with his mom!  

Relax Shawn, people know you were joking!  (More like half-joking…)  Smile 


During the dance, I called my sister & we talked for nearly 3 hours about our own memories at Sophia’s age, and frankly how little things have changed since then.  If anything, it seems kids today are more responsible, more respectful towards one another.  

(And thanks to Sophia’s iphone, my sister was pretty much kept in the loop the entire evening.)

Anyway, not much to say here; just thought I’d share a couple photos of this sweet couple and was happy to hear Sophia had a nice time.   

5 comments:

  1. She looks so much like Shawnee. She's got her own beauty, too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, at 14 I was still running around on the beach like a child, boyfriends and dances didn't even cross my mind. I'm still childish in some ways, preferring to not worry about every little thing like some people do. They have so much on their minds they can't enjoy the little things. I'd rather enjoy the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. forgot to say how beautiful they both are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I was the same as you at 14 :) And thank you for the very nice words, I'll be sure to pass them on :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.