I still debated going, I've already been there twice before. Also, I knew my gals Mary & Evvie wouldn't be attending. But it's a lovely place to visit about 15 miles north of the city, and I'd be able to go for a nice walk after lunch.
I will admit it wasn't as fun this time as my last 2 visits. I had difficulty eating the pizza I'd ordered and our Access shuttle was over 2 hours late returning to get us. Also, a recent newbie to the center kept giving me grief and I came very close to telling her to shut up. (More on that later.)
But I still enjoyed going and getting out for the day. So on that note, here's some boring pics (no people) of the day.
Here's a view of the Winery when we pull into the place
You have to walk thru the gift shop to get to the restaurant
After we were all seated, and they took everybody's drink orders, they got to me last. I asked "Do you still make those black raspberry wine slushies you sold last year?" Our excellent waiter said they sure did so I said I'd take one. TEN other people shouted "I want to change my order to that too!" It is blistering cold, very fruity--and very, very potent. My head was swimming after a few sips.
Here was my salad which was just excellent. (It came covered in giant warmed walnuts with a cream jalapeno dressing.) When I told the waiter my salad was exceptional, Daria (a newbie to the center who feels the need to put everything down) said "It really isn't, I eat salads like that all the time." I said "WELL I DON'T." She said "Then you really need to get out more!" This was all in front of the waiter.
My main course, a Calbrese pizza. I loved the hot mini tomatoes, honey sauce and spicy sausage but could only eat one slice because of my jaw. I brought the rest home to fiddle with.
After lunch, I took a walk on the grounds--here's the view right outside the restaurant
I was sorry my pal Dennis couldn't make it, he had a last minute dental appointment. But hopefully I'll get to see him next week if my long covid behaves and he doesn't have another emergency. We're supposed to go to Cracker Barrel and I'm anxious to try one of their Campfire Suppers.
And here's a final pic of their outside bar & grill. I think next time I'll sit out there!








Glad to hear you got out again! That salad looks really nice and Daria sounds like a pita.😉 I'm sorry Dennis wasn't there; I love your Dennis stories.😀
ReplyDeleteBobi, you're a dear, thank you! I missed Dennis too, he's a good egg. As for Daria, when the waiter walked away she said "What restaurants do you go to? I will tell you if they're subpar." I am not kidding.
Delete