Sunday, February 9, 2020

Already more than a month into 2020, and I’m still sitting here speechless…

It’s been 2 months since my last blog.  Where have I been?  Right here, reading others blogs, watching impeachment trials (and cowardly acquittals) on MSNBC, looking at cooking & van dwellers videos on Youtube and 70’s television shows on DVD (ah the good old days).  I’ve been doing very little writing and a whole lot of waiting to be myself again.

I’m mainly here right now to offer an earnest apology to the visitors of my blog who have been checking in, only to see the same old post.  (Also to push down that picture of my sister Shawn & other family from December, Shawn is tired of looking at it!) 

But the truth is, I’ve got nothing worthwhile to write about.  I’m still wrestling with this awful jaw disorder, both it (and the GOP Senate) have left me speechless.

After my last post, I made a promise to myself not to write anything more about my TMJD unless it was to report it was over, or on the mend.  But I can’t do that yet.  It’s now in it’s 14th month, and pretty much the only thing I can focus on.  I’ve seen some occasional glimmers of hope, followed by some rotten backslides.  It’s just left me feeling really defeated.

I thought about shutting my blog down for awhile, but I’ve seen enough bloggers do that, never to return.  I gotta believe I’ll get past this & back on my soapbox again.

So until then, if you stop by and notice a little dust on things… just know that your visit is very much appreciated, and hopefully I’ll be talking with you again soon.

9 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back again, even if it is just to say Hi, I'm still here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your jaw recovery is taking so long, Doug. Like you, I was sad to see the lack of courage or morality of the GOP (save one). Thanks for touching base and staying connected to blog land. Better days ahead, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Florence, nice to hear from you too--I hope all is good with you (and you got your BP down). Yes, better days ahead for sure :)

      Delete
  3. So glad to see your post on my readers list. I knew you were still around via your faithful and insightful comments. I think the past political proceedings have left most of us in a dazed, angry funk and most of us are not having to deal with daily pain such as you do. Good to see you back. You will get through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, thanks so much. Always enjoy reading your friendly comments, on here, your blog (and every other blog we both visit). Dazed, angry funk--ain't that the truth! Thanks again for your kindness here, it means a lot.

      Delete
  4. Well i certainly am not tired of that pic😁 i do want more to read from you though. I love your reflection & musings❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not tired of that pic either :) Thanks Courtney, hope to have more soon...

      Delete
  5. Hmmmm... That’s weird. I was writing something and the whole comment just disappeared. Here I go again. Just wanted to tell you I’m happy to see you checking in so we know what’s going on with you. It’s OK to write about the TMJ. We all have things we’re dealing with. I’m dealing with mine which is worrisome. In my case, I’m thinking it could be aggravated by the Reclast Infusion I’m having due to osteoporosis. Maybe. Let us know what’s going on. We care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.