Wednesday, June 26, 2019

‘Til the one day when this lady met this fellow, and that’s the way we all became…

morrisbunch  

Some time back, I did a post about my brothers & sisters that raised a small ruckus; apparently I shared a little too much information.  I took it offline to whittle down, and it was soon forgotten.  But recently, after my previous “Brady-themed” post, a friend asked what the deal was with me and that show.

I sent him this picture I assembled of my own family, and he was surprised when I told him it was the real deal.  Yep, we had a real-life Brady Bunch of 3 boys & 3 girls—but unlike the show, we all came from the same set of parents.  (They married in 1958, on my mom’s 18th birthday.  And a year later…)

Anyway, I was reminded of that intro-to-my-siblings blog, so I thought I’d try it again.  So in order of birthdates, here we go!

The Morris Kids

NAME:  (Purri) Donovan—aka Duke

BORN:  May 1959

STILL WITH US?   As far as I know, yes

LOCATION:  From what I hear, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh & Ohio

PROFESSION:  Lawyer & Mastermind

MARRIED?   Yes. Yes. Yes. YES.

KIDS?  No. No. No.  NO.

WELL THAT’S INTERESTING:  “I see no reason why our government can’t develop a process where the inferior be easily identified and relegated to their own island, someplace we can overthrow easily, say Newfoundland.  The reduction in our labor force will be short-felt, as it can be roboticized.  Oh, I suppose we can retain some of the more talented ones, like Michael Jackson & Madonna, for entertainment purposes.”  (Duke, 1980s)

peacefings

NAME:  Douglas—aka Doug aka Apachedug

BORN:  October 1961

STILL WITH US?   For now

LOCATION:  Pittsburgh, PA

PROFESSION:  Retired (formerly a computer analyst)

MARRIED?   No & I’d like to know why

KIDS?  Not on this planet

WELL THAT’S INTERESTING:  I live in the past, vacation in the future and spend little time in the present; I’ve also got the mind of a 14 year old (which I keep in a jar in my closet).  I’m kidding!  I have a warped sense of humor, and for all my online blatherings I’m an introvert (& often mistaken for being antisocial.)  I’ve been on Earth since the early 1960s and I’m still trying to figure out what I’m doing here.

peace2

NAME:  (Carrie) Shawn

BORN:  August 1963

STILL WITH US?   Yes, and she’ll be the last to go

LOCATION:  Greene County, PA

PROFESSION:  Medical transcriber & administrative everything

MARRIED?   Yes (Jim)

KIDS?  A daughter Sophia, 2 stepchildren (Shannon & Michael)

WELL THAT’S INTERESTING:  “Hi Doug, Soph & I were reviewing our summer calendar and we have 1:45 to 3:10pm available on August 17.  Would you like me to pencil you in?  We’ll be hosting a church breakfast that morning, then throwing a birthday party for Kaylee, a girl Soph played with once in the park when she was 3 years old.  Later we’ll be attending my neighbor’s sister’s best friend’s cousin’s son’s summer school graduation party, where I’ll be bringing all the food.  What’s that you say?  If Jim delays filing for social security until 70 he’ll receive the maximum benefit but can continue working the rest of his life?  Good to know!”

love

NAME:  Steve

BORN:  March 1966

STILL WITH US?   Yep

LOCATION:  Greene County, PA

PROFESSION:  River barge operations (captain)

MARRIED?   Yes (Ann)

KIDS?  3 boys, Steve, Edwin, Tim (who is deceased)

WELL THAT’S INTERESTING:  Two of the closest people I’ve ever known, my brother & his wife enjoy geocaching (I still don’t know what that is), meat festivals & vintage car shows—with their own collection.  “Yeah I know it’s my retirement fund but it’s not every day you find a 1968 Ford Mustang GT 2+2 Fastback up for auction!  What’s that Ann?  A 1927 Ford Model T was found in a barn in Poughkeepsie?  How much do we have left in our retirement account again?”

70svan

NAME:  Donda-Lin aka Cissy

BORN:  January 1969

STILL WITH US?   Yes

LOCATION:  South Carolina

PROFESSION:  Dabbles in real estate & mimosa brunches

MARRIED?   Yes (Bobby)

KIDS?  A daughter, Drew

WELL THAT’S INTERESTING:   She was an Elvis impersonator in grade school & a wife in high school (and no, she didn’t have to get married; Drew didn’t come along for several years).  In a former life she was a gypsy, Donda’s packed up her house and family 44 times since they married in search of greener pastures (or beaches).  “Hey guys, guess what?  We finally found our forever home!  Doug please don’t tell people we’ve moved 44 times when it’s only been 41!” 

disco

NAME:  Courtney

BORN:  July 1975

STILL WITH US?   Yes

LOCATION:  Cincinnati, Ohio

PROFESSION  Red Cross training instructor & counselor

MARRIED?   Yes (Robert)

KIDS?  No

WELL THAT’S INTERESTING:  A free spirit for many years, Courtney finally met her Mr. Right & settled down in Ohio a couple years ago.  It’s been 2001 since we last met (at Dad’s funeral) and we are WORLDS apart when it comes to politics, and we’ll just leave it at that!

rollingstones

Well, that’s it—here’s hoping all my sibs are happy, healthy (and still have a sense of humor if they’re reading this).  I love ‘em all, and can’t imagine those Brady Morris years in the 1970s without them.

1975 September

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.