Wednesday, August 12, 2026

The Laddie in Red and a trip to Carmody's Grille

Today was my second senior outing since last September, a restaurant trip to Carmody's Grille on Neville Island.  

I've been dealing with some oral inflammation these last couple weeks, but had to get out and be with people.  So I filled my pocket with Ricola Mouth Lozenges and off I went.

When I got to the center, they were taking votes on future restaurant outings.  I was excited to vote on a couple places like PF Changs & Mister Lee's, only to see them get shot down in favor of Chili's and Cracker Barrel.  I don't know if I'll be going, these older people are in the majority and keep opting for the same tired places.  

My votes never count, and darn it I'm craving some Chinese!

Anyway, today's lunch was nothing spectacular but the company is always great, it's a nice group of people.  I even had a fun, friendly conversation with "Barb Wire", a short-tempered woman I wrote about on here a year ago.  

Not much to share here, just a few photos.

On my way to the Senior Center, I saw they got a pretty groovy electronic sign out front.  Nice!


Here's Carmody's Grille, on Neville Island.  It's a pretty bleak area but nice inside


My boy Dennis told the waitress  "I want an order of cheese balls, an order of lemon pepper chicken wings, an order of garlic parmesan chicken wings, I want onion rings, a double Bloody Mary, an Alabama Slammer, a Reuben sandwich with french fries, a Hot Sausage sandwich with fries and slaw, a bowl of your famous Turtle Soup for here, and a bowl to take home!"  

Here he is getting started with his soup and appetizers, before they bring his entrees


Here was my Reuben & Coke.  The fries weren't great, but the sandwich was very, very hot (just the way I like it) and very fresh


My bill came to $16.00 and Dennis was $173.00!  (His drinks alone were over $30.00.)  I also have to say we had the kindest waitress I've ever met.  She asked each of our names at the start, and remembered them throughout.  

On our way out I told her how much I appreciated her great service and she said "Thank you I'm finally getting the hang of this place--I just started my 40th year here a week ago!"  

2 comments:

  1. Doug, I am so glad you were able to get to the Senior Centre get together! Your red shirt looks great on you. Goodness, that is a pile of food Dennis ordered. I assume a lot of it went home with him. $16.00 is pretty inexpensive for a lunch these days. By the way Doug, my b.p. was way down when I was at my doctor’s appointment on Monday so no meds! Yahoo! Take care!💜❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, and yes he took most of that home--and wow, so glad to hear about your BP numbers! Well, that's all that nature hiking 😊❤️

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it means a lot to hear from you.