Courtney & Pumpkin Boy at the Senior Center on Wednesday
This past Wednesday, the senior center had a Pancake Breakfast fundraiser and I was determined to go. Since my outing to Cracker Barrel on Sept 24, my long covid has been flaring up daily, making it difficult to go out much. But something in me said to not miss this.
I was happily surprised when I walked in and saw Courtney, who once managed the center until moving on to run a senior living facility around 18 months ago. The first time I visited the center in 2023 and met Courtney at their Open House, I thought "Why is someone so young working here?" Five minutes later, she felt like my best friend.
She's as dear as they come and I just learned Courtney and her husband are expecting their second child. 😊💖
This wasn't the only happy surprise--Evvie was there too, I haven't seen her since December. She's had a rough year with health issues, different operations on her eyes for cataracts and glaucoma, and problems with walking because of her sciatica. I really wanted to get a picture of us together, but the last thing she needed was me hounding her. I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen her.
There were others there I haven't seen and missed very much too--Candy Kim, Cussin' Connie, Little Margie, my gal-pal Mary. I was only able to stay an hour or so because of my LC, had to come home and spend the afternoon with a couple ice packs on the right side of my head and face, but I hope to see some of them again in mid-October.
Darn it, I just realized--I was so busy catching up with those ladies, I didn't get any foodie pics of the breakfast! The sausage patties were good but the pancakes were a bit on the wussie side for me. I think I'll do a flapjack blog soon, I call mine "mancakes" for a reason. 😋
On Thursday, it became official--I'm now on Medicare. I got 2 letters in the mail the same day, both from UPMC. The first said "Your UPMC Health Plan Insurance termed September 30--We hope to see you again!" The second letter said "Welcome to UPMC for Life, your Medicare Advantage Plan starts today!"
The second letter included a Mastercard flex card, good for $350 towards dental, hearing or vision services every year. Well, my hearing is pretty good but my eyeglasses are several years old...
Finally, I thought I'd share this--look what just came in the mail.
Yep, my mail-in ballot for the mid-terms. I'm going to fill this out right now and get it in the mail tonight. Being a Dumocrat (Trump's word, not mine) I'm sure you can guess who I'm voting for.
I am not expecting the "blue tsunami" these so-called experts are crowing about, we've seen too many good candidates wipeout in the end. But a fairer balance of power would soothe a lot of nerves, mine included. I'll stay hopeful till the end. 🙏



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, it means a lot.