Monday, September 28, 2020

I’m about to make the 5th most important decision in my entire life

I’ve done my share of boneheaded things in my life, but I’ve made 5 smart decisions too:

  1. After dropping out of college in 1981, I went back to school in 1987.
  2. In 1995 I began saving 50% of my salary for the next 20 years.
  3. When I bought a new car in 2002 I paid cash and kept it for 16 years.
  4. I quit smoking cigarettes in 2008.
  5. In 60 seconds I’m casting my (mail-in) vote for Joe Biden for President in 2021.

I don’t think I’m being melodramatic here either.  My God, these last 4 years have been one nightmare after another and that’s not even including the pandemic!

This is the truth:  I love Joe Biden, but if Donald Trump was running against a bucket of paint, you can be sure who (or what) I’d be voting for.  That paint is nowhere near as toxic and it’s TWICE AS USEFUL

Fortunately, we have Biden-Harris on the ballot, not Sherwin Williams.  And here’s the mailbox in front of my apartment building where I just cast my vote. 

The woman who lives across the street from me was hanging this giant BIDEN sign on her second floor apartment Friday.  She saw me (and a couple residents in my building) watching and asked us how it looked from the street.  I said terrific, I only wish it was in NEON.  Good luck Joe!!

16 comments:

  1. Glad you made those decisions, all great and wonderful. Good luck to Joe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you say that, thanks Gigi. I just got a little excited, this is my first time "early voting".

      Delete
  2. Every one of your decisions were live changing and smart. This one is right up there. Go Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your point is well taken that this vote is the most important (so far?) of any in our lifetime. It definitely ranks up there with those other excellent decisions you made. I too will be voting Biden. He wasn't my first choice because of his age, but I'm 100% with him now. I laughed about the bucket of paint because I'm getting my house exterior painted right now and they're using Sherwin Williams paint. Very useful. And smarter than Trump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Margaret--yes I admit that Joe Biden's age did (and still does) worry me a little, but he is a good & decent man, and takes care of himself. Too funny about your house getting painted right now, it has my vote! :)

      Delete
  4. I truly hope that big Oompa-loompa gets voted out in November, even though has has promised he won't go quietly, at least he will go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty neighbourhood you live in, Doug! Wow, 50% of your salary saved! And I thought I was thrifty! All wise decisions. With Trump's tax scandal(s) finally revealed, how could anyone who loved his/her country vote otherwise?! I also keep my cars well into their teen years and returned to my education after years of employment. We are in sinc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy moley, we ARE in sync--thanks for sharing that Florence! (And I am lucky, I do live in a very pretty neighborhood--I should take better pictures.) I SO agree about "how could someone vote otherwise", sure am praying the majority of Americans got their heads on straight this time! Thanks Florence :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your choice for the November election. I too will be mailing in my ballot, but that's because that's all we have here in Washington state. Love having found your blog, and you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJan, you're so sweet you just made me blush, haha--thank you, I feel just the same about you. :) So you have no choice in the state of Washington but to vote by mail? Wow... to be honest, I only did it because our governor got on tv and pleaded with Pennsylvanians to do it if we could. At least I got to vote early :)

      Delete
  7. I think the rest of the world should be permitted to vote in your elections, after all, your country and the bigwig in charge affects us all.
    If that were the case, Biden would win in a landslide (only Russia and North Korea voting for the current twerp).
    Peter the MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, what a great idea--you really made me sit back and think on this... I think someday world leaders WILL be chosen this way. Thanks very much, Music Man :)

      Delete
  8. I’m waiting for my ballot too and I’ll be turning it in right away. I can’t believe this clown we all know is saying you shouldn’t be afraid of COVID-19. It’s not like everybody has 24-7 medical care monitoring your health every minute. What a jerk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to hear from you and appreciate the time you take to comment.